The Budgets & Reports database contains financial reports by year and type. These include operating and capital budgets, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and the following reports and statements:
- Single Audit Report: the City's federal programs and any federal funds the City spends; includes audit findings and recommendations
- Big Blue Bus Fund Financial Statements: the Big Blue Bus operations and financial conditions
- Local Return Audit: Presents financial information and the City's compliance with State funding propositions
- Redevelopment Agency (RDA) Basic Financial Statements: Historical information for the RDA, prior to 2012 dissolution.
Santa Monica has biennial operating and capital budgets, and publishes an addendum during the second year, also called the exception-based budget year. The cycles are staggered to provide staff time to focus on budget preparation. All other reports are annual.
Prior Year Reports (FY 2004-05 to present)
- To access budget and financial report documents from years before FY 2004-05, please contact the City Clerk's Office.
Capital Budget Status Reports
Staff presents detailed capital project status reports to City Council as Information Items. You can find these reports through the City Council Information Item Index, or follow the links below for recent capital project updates.